Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Night: Slowly working through the stash...

What a productive day! In addition to going to class and learning about deaf-blindness... Rachel and I found a new knitting store in Lakewood... it was like I died and went to knitting heaven. There was So. Much. Yarn.

The most important thing is that they had the right color of plymoth encore for Rachel to finish her project. While I ogled all the beautiful yarn in the shop.. I resolved myself to using up more of my stash so I could buy new yarn for a new project guilt free.


I have this Mosaic FX yarn that I liked because it was shiny. (I'm an Irish dancer.. we like shiny things...) I bought it when another yarn store around here went out of business.. and I had no idea what to do with it.. After flipping through my Spring 2006 issue of Knit.1 magazine for the 18 billionth time.. I ran across this

So I'm giving it a go... we'll see how this works out exactly.. as it calls for size 17 needles.. and I don't have them. And I'm feeling cheap.. so I don't want to buy them, so I'll work with what I've got. I have 19, and I have 13.. I tried knitting it on the 19.. and it just looked like a mess... so this is what it looks like on the 13's.

So... cross your fingers.. knock on wood.. and hopefully this will fit me. If it doesn't I guess I have one of two options...

1.) Lose more weight

2.) Give it to my sister

We'll see what happens when it's finished.

No comments: